Sunday 8 March 2015

Black Ice- Book Review

I haven't always loved books. In fact I used to be one of those people who took over a year to finish a book. It wasn't until I was 10 years old I started to read books by the dozen after I read a book called 'Lessons for a Werewolf Warrior' by Jackie French. I've been reading ever since. So I decided for this week's blog post I would write a book review on a book that I have recently read called 'Black Ice' by the amazing Becca Fitzpatrick.





*side note: Sorry if this blog post kinda sucky because I've been quite sick for the past five days and have a fever and all that jazz. So sorry in advance >.<


I first came across Becca when one of my best friend's suggested for me to read one of her popular series called  'Hush Hush', which was pretty freakin' amazing (If you love smexy people, drama, action, romance and all then you're gonna want to read Hush Hush for yourself). So once I read that series and enjoyed it my friend also recommended 'Black Ice' and let me borrow her hard copy version which was great!

I'm not sure about you guys but I would much rather read an actual book than a writing on a screen. It just makes the experience more enjoyable in my opinion.

Anyway when I first started reading Black Ice I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But here is the main storyline of it. *Don't worry I ain't spoiling nothing special.
Black Ice is about a girl called Britt and her best friend Korbie. Britt is trying to impress her ex boyfriend, Calvin (who happens to be Korbie's older brother) and go on a hiking expedition in the mountains. Things turn to a worse when the two girls go up to the mountains and get stuck in a big ass blizzard. They go to seek shelter when they come across a small cabin, where two smexy guys called Shaun and Mason are staying. If it couldn't get worse it turns out Shaun and Mason are off their na-na's and take Britt and Korbie hostage, forcing her to guide them off the mountains in exchange for their lives. Also while they are up their Britt will start to unravel the truth about the recent murders in the area. Things also get a little awkies when feelings start to bloom between hostage and kidnapper.

Now when I started reading I thought it was going to be a bit predictable and maybe slightly cliché. I WAS DEAD WRONG! The plot twists were great and it made me want to keep reading to see what would happen next.




 
 
 
I also really liked the characters. I haven't come across many characters (if at all) like Britt. So much so she's hard to describe. Also her relationship with Korbie was also refreshing but highly frustrating. No, let me rephrase that... Korbie is frustrating! She's one of those characters that will physically make you roll your eyes or groan in annoyance.

I'd describe this book as a mixture of romantic, mystery and thriller. Which is may seem like a strange combination but it works like a charm. I loved that feeling of not knowing what was going to happen because you'd think one thing and then something will be said between characters and your feelings will totally change! *this happened like every two chapters so beware xD

I really loved Black Ice and would recommend it to anyone who loves a bit of romance, thriller, and mystery. I'd give it 8 cough medicine tablets out of 10 :D
Also I was wondering if any of you cuties have read it before? Did you like it and what did you think of the massive plot twist at the end? *please no spoilers I will delete your comments don't be a potato and ruin the journey for others thank you :D

Also how do you like the new layout of Cutely Crafting? I felt like the other one was slightly childish (even though I'm still in the age bracket as semi-child otherwise known as teenagers). But I'm really liking it and wanted to know your opinions so leave them in the comments below.

PS any book recommendations since I don't have any books to read at the moment >.<
Thanks for reading and see you next week for another cute D.I.Y.



                                                                    ~Sincerely Cutely Crafting☼

No comments:

Post a Comment