Sunday 19 April 2015

~Vanilla, Honey and Coconut Lip Scrub

How's it going crafters?!
I hope your good and ready for this week's D.I.Y!
I as usual had nothing prepared for this week so I decided we will do something easy but extremely useful!

I guess you could say this is my first 'beauty' how-to because this week's D.I.Y is a vanilla, honey and coconut lip scrub! How delicious does that sound ╰(⊹◕۝◕ )╯
Now that the weather is getting chillier I've been struggling with keeping my lips in check. They keep on going dry and peeling and it's irritating and not even my favourite chap-stick is cutting it! So I searched the web and found a few D.I.Y's for lip scrubs to help me. I then made my own recipe and the results turned out amazing enough that I want to share with you all!


What you'll need:
2 and 1/2 Tsp of brown sugar- well known to be a natural and safe exfoliator for skin!
1/4 tsp of honey- is all natural and have other benefits for your body!
1/2 tsp of olive oil- Helps to keep skin soft!
1/2 tsp of coconut oil- This oil will benefit whilst also soothes the dry, cracked skin!
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract- To make it smell good enough to eat!
A small container- To place your scrub in.
Measuring utensils needed- me trying to sound smart but I basically mean a teaspoon.
A Mixing bowl- to mix your ingredients together in.




Preparing for work:
Make sure your working area is clean. I suggest working in the kitchen or bathroom for this D.I.Y for easy clean up. *I worked on my bathroom floor
An old shirt, jumper or something to protect your clothes is advised because some of the ingredients are sticky (I'm talking about that honey jerk who got my clothes all sticky ~fight me┗(•̀へ •́ ╮ )
You'll be able to find most ingredients in the kitchen but if not you can purchase these items in most grocery stores. If you don't have an container you could use a zip up plastic bag!


Step 1:
Get the needed amount of ingredients and utensils ready in an easy to clean up area eg. tiled bathroom or kitchen. Mix your olive oil, honey and coconut oil first. *I didn't get a photo of this step but it should look yellow and thick-ish.


Step two:
Once the olive oil, honey and coconut oil is mixed you can then mix in your brown sugar! It should look something like this!


Doesn't look great but sure smells it!



Step 3:
Yay we are almost done with our very own lip scrub  ~(^▽^)~
All that's left to do is to add the special touch of vanilla extract to give it that oh so good smell!
Once you've done that you are done! If you find your mixture is too oily and wet and more brown sugar. If it's the opposite add a bit more of coconut oil or olive oil, your choice!


How to use:
How to use this scrub is just as easy as it is to make it! All you need to do is before you put it on give it a little stir, either with a tooth or the end of a spoon, put your scrub on your lips, give them a good 2-3 minutes, and gently wipe the mixture off and ~Wala! You have soft and great smelling lips!



I haven't had the chance to give this a long experiment time on how much you should use this. But from looking at the ingredients you are defiantly safe to use this one a day if you like! But I'll probably only do this once to twice a week, depending on how my lips are on the day!
Also another thing to add is if you get a lot of excess liquid you can slowly drain it out if you wish!
Another thing to add that it IS EDIBLE SAFE since it's made out of natural items (I got some in my mouth and it tasted SOOO GOOD!)

And here is the finish product!


I hope you enjoy your new luscious lips and reading this D.I.Y! Also whilst making this I was pleasantly surprised when I had gotten some on my hands and washed it off it made my hands feel baby smooth (♥ω♥*)
Although the mixture that you've made isn't enough for a body mix I'm sure if you times the amount by enough you could make your own body wash as well!


Just letting you all know I have started a Twitter Page! Hopefully it will bring in a larger audience so more of you can enjoy my D.I.Y's!! I'm @CutelyCrafting on twitter and Instagram so you'll be able to keep up to date with my latest posts! (You can get to my pages via the two buttons on the sidebar)

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a FABTABULOUSLY SPECTACTULAR week until I see you next time with a new post!




                                                                    ~Sincerely Cutely Crafting☼

No comments:

Post a Comment